Saturday, October 2, 2010

Earth's Tree Tops

The Earth (as you know it) is dead. Not mostly dead. Completely dry and arid and pulseless. Dead. There weren't many people that made it to the end, but there were a few. I was one of them before I was taken away. I'm happy it worked out this way though, I was moved to a much younger solar system. We were a very greedy people in that old world. It must have been the money and the atmosphere and the oceans and the mountains. I live in a much smaller place now. I think I'm the only one here. I haven't explored much because I have lost my willingness to do much of anything. I am simply happy just being here. It was hard to get used to not having arms or legs or a heart, but I think I'm getting pretty fond of the whole experience. It's quiet. I will admit that it would probably be a lonely place if I had a heart. Well. What now? Maybe I'll just think for the rest of my time here. I'll think about the Earth as I remember it. What a strange place it was! Maybe it wasn't so bad thinking back. Here, I am calm and quiet. On Earth I was loud and obnoxious. I liked being loud. Other people were loud with me. That was enjoyable. I liked alcohol too. It made me even louder and more obnoxious than ever, but that was okay. Women were nice too. I don't think I have ever felt love, but maybe something fairly close to it. There was a woman named Penelope that I met a few days before Earth ended. I might have loved her, I'm not too sure. She had dark green eyes and told me I had a nice smile. I hope she went somewhere far from here. I don't think she could handle the quiet and the isolation. Some things are becoming a blur. I hardly remember what the Moon looked like. And the rain. How did I get here? I hardly remember anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment